Based in Amersfoort, The Netherlands
September 13, 2016 (PS4, Steam), November 17, 2017 (Switch)
The metal wrecking, robot hacking shooter you’ve been waiting for!
Blast your way through insanely spectacular battles in this hard, fast & hilarious action game. Better than ever on Nintendo Switch™!
“Some of the most memorable moments in a shoot-em-up in years” – GameSpot
Exclusive to the Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch:
- Play with a friend in Copilot Mode
- HD Rumble effects let you truly feel the action
- More achievements: 48 and counting
- Loads faster, plays smoother, tweaked to perfection
Pilot your spider tank as it runs, jumps and shoots its way through hordes of mechanical enemies on land, underwater, in zero gravity and even on a moving train.
RIVE is a modern ode to classic shooters, pumping megapixels at a deliciously smooth 60 frames per second!
- Hack and control your enemies
- Upgrade your special attacks, armor and loot magnet
- Quirky story featuring robot butlers, space loot and clean teeth
- Daily Challenges and infinite Battle Arenas
- Speedrun and Single-Credit modes
- Online leaderboards for all modes and missions
RIVE started in 2005 as an on-rails, time-travelling 3D shooter for Nintendo DS. Ideas came and went, but the desire to build an intense action game remained. When Two Tribes almost went under in 2013, it was time to let go of our family friendly puzzle type games and work on something that appeals to dedicated gamers, such as ourselves! After years of development, the game came out in 2016 on PlayStation 4 and Steam, and was perfected with the Ultimate Edition for Nintendo Switch in 2017.
RIVE: Ultimate Edition for Nintendo Switch is Available Now! YouTube
RIVE - Character Trailer YouTube
RIVE - Epic Conclusion Trailer YouTube
RIVE's SHMUPSTRAVAGANZA Trailer! YouTube
- "A very serious candidate for the title Surprise Game of 2016, 9/10"
- Marco Mottura, IGN Italia
- "The perfect combination of bullet hell and platformer, 10/10"
- Gilson Peres, GameBlast
- "Some of the most memorable moments in a shoot-em-up in years, 8/10"
- Daniel Starkey, GameSpot
- "A heart attack inducing crazy nostalgia rollercoaster, 9/10"
- Shaun Richardson, GamerLaughs
- "An awesome game from start to finish, 9/10"
- Subsonic, 3rd Strike
Request Press Copy
You can always request a press copy by sending Collin a quick email.
Nintendolife.com RIVE interview
with Collin van Ginkel nintendolife.com.
About Two Tribes
Two Tribes is one of the oldest game developers in The Netherlands. Our goal is to create original gaming experiences that respect old school values while leveraging new technologies. So instead of pixel art and chiptunes, we deliver tight gameplay and a polished presentation.
More information on Two Tribes, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Collin van Ginkel
Meinte van der Spiegel
music and sound design
Niels 't Hooft